Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Plodding Along.

I have been very good with my One A Day Crochet this week, diligently completing a circuit of the round ripple afghan every day.


I have to admit that I am not in love with it at the moment.  I think there is a combination of factors.  I crochet in the evening and sometimes this makes the colours look wrong.  I have issues with the green in this blanket, however I think that once I phase in the blue it probably will not look so bad.  When I lay it out in the daytime (in secret when little B is not around) I don't find it so offensive.  It also just isn't really my colours.  My littlies have a beautiful game they play at the moment where they imagine they have little sprites to care for.  B has Rainbow Sprite and L has Sunshine Sprite.  I wanted to use the blankets to commemorate these wonderful imagining games they play together.  Mostly because I am sentimental old fool and I sometimes feel they are growing up too fast.  Anyway the blankets are for them, not for me, and I am pretty sure that B will love the colours.

Equally important was the terrible curl it was developing around the edge which shows a little in this picture.  It got worse the bigger the blanket got and I didn't feel it would even fully disappear with blocking.  Now I am trying a different pattern with the increases which I will detail in my Ravelry project page when I have settled on an approach.


This was the rainy Saturday morning I detailed in my last post, can you see how grumpy L was getting by any chance?

All credit to the One A Day Approach though, I haven't left it to gather dust yet!  Even though I am rapidly developing a desire to examine the possibilities of felt (more of that another time).

Why not see how the other lovely crafty people are getting on at Gingerbread Girl's Blog?

21 comments:

  1. I think your blanket is beautiful, so bright and cheery. I found when I was doing mine that i would block it out after few rounds and spray it with water leaving it to dry and this stopped the curling. hope this helps. good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours!! like Shelley said, lovely bright and cheery :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's beautiful! I love bright cheery colours!

    xx Marja (Noemie on Rav)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the colours you are using.. I hope you can find a way to stop the curl.. otherwise maybe make it into a superb cushion cover? :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous and I love the blue you've added,it works so well with the other colours. Deb xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww your grumpy girl is gorgeous! I think the colours are wonderful after hearing your reason for choosing them. Personally I prefer earthy or subdued colours but I love bright colours for kids. Its looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blanket, it looks like sunshine and summer for me. It cheers me up every time I look at it.
    I hope you will find a solution for the curling, maybe you can add more stiches in every row?
    Have a wonderful week! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is looking great, especially the way the colours alternate before the wider solid stripe. Bright colours are always a hit with kids so I am sure they will love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw H is lovely and B will love it. I love the sound of their little games, K and L spend a lot of time being Hermione and Harry Potter and making potions in the garden!
    We were thinking of coming to visit Hilly Town sometime next summer but will get back to you on that closer to the time.

    Big kisses Paula xx

    PS come and visit my blog, I need some visitors!! http://atozportraitproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. *its lovely* although H is lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good, I think this is one of my favourite projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, the colours are glorious, wish I had one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the colours in this are absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure that when you start adding the blue you'll find the green more agreeable. I hope you manage to figure out how to stop the curling as I just LOVE this blanket so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it is really beautiful and I love the photo of your girl too - everything about it is wonderful, especially the look on her face!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think once you blend in the blues that will make the oddness of the green fade away...the colours are looking amazing though, I just love bright colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with everyone else, I think it's looking great the colours are awesome and it's very cheerful! Have a great Fruday :0) Janette xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely burst of sunny-ness! Hope you get the increase pattern sorted.
    It's nice to see another Gloucestershire blooger too!
    Kier x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful sunny colours - just gorgeous. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is SO pretty! I personally love the colors. It is going to be a special one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that afghan is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. No no no the green IS great! I really love the colours I think you've picked them all perfectly, keep going hon! x

    ReplyDelete