Friday, 2 September 2011

FO Friday

I held back on this one, thinking that maybe sewing projects were not included in this particular Finished Object Friday but I think they are, so let me introduce you to my latest Sock Creation:



As you can see she felt a little shy at first because she had been waiting ages for me to give her some finishing touches but now, complete with eyes and legs, she is ready to make her way to a new home, bringing some sock toy happiness to a family of lovely ladies (and a lovely man) I know in Germany.  A girly sock pig like this needs a girly home I think.  She is made from a pattern in this wonderful book, the book that started me off on all this crafty madness.

She has said goodbye to her piggy friends (the stripy one is the first adult crafting I ever did).  I think she will be happy there, they have a tree for her to climb.



A close up.


If you would like to see some more crafty goodness then make your way to Tami's Blog for Finished Object Friday.  There are some very talented people out there making some beautiful things.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for following my blog! Mostly because I have found your beautiful Blog. It seems we have a lot in common, ex-military husbands, living in the Cotswolds with a passion for crafts and both geocachers. I so look forward to reading your posts.
    Love
    Tickety-boo
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah how sweet is the little piggy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much of the piggy compliments. She's off to a very good home to spread the socky happiness!

    Tickety-boo, I happened across your blog on the I love Lucy rav group. We'd just bought in the area so obviously I became a follower. Such a lovely blog, I always smile when I see you've updated.
    We could add a love of Along Came Polly to our shared interests I think! What a gorgeous shop, perhaps I'll bump into you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. She's too adorable. I know her recipients are going to be very happy with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The ears, button nose and ruffly snout are adorable. What a fun looking book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, I really enjoy making these funny creatures!

    autumngeisha, it is a fun book. I really enjoy browsing through it looking for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the details, the colours, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that's too sweet for words! It makes me wish I still had my lace-trimmed socks from when I was a kid, what a lovely idea for using them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little pig is very pretty, i love how it has a flowery button for a nose! I never knew socks could be such fun! :)

    ReplyDelete