Wednesday, 31 August 2011

WIP Wednesday

Hello, just time to pop in and show you a new work in progress.  All other projects have stalled because my poor mother has broken her leg and I want to send her a little something as soon as possible, so I have managed to half finish a scarf.


This lovely pattern for the Angel crochet scarf is available for free from Ravelry and is very easy to follow.  It is meant to be completed in lace weight wool with a 4.5mm hook but I've been wanting to try out the King Cole Riot.  I'm happy with the results.  The yarn has lovely stitch definition...


and vibrant colours to liven up a cold winters day.  Sadly the next time she is able to go out and about it probably will be very wintery.  I really wanted the scarf to be cozy so I'm happy with the choice of DK and 6mm hook (the largest I have at the moment), however the lace versions really are beautifully floaty so I will try this again with the correct weight yarn and hook some day when some of my UFOs are FOs.

Why not pop over to Tami's Blog for some inspiring WIP?

8 comments:

  1. Those colors are lovely! I'm sure your mom will brighten up when she see the FO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your mother's broken leg, but that scarf is sure to cheer her up -- the colors are fantastic! Beautiful photos on your blog, too. It's all so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that scarf is beautiful. The definition on the yarn really is a marvel, the texture looks beyond amazing.

    I just wish you weren't making it as a cheer-up gift for your mom's broken leg, eek. I hope she's on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all very much, I hope she'll like it. The colours of the yarn are so bright and warm, I'm trying to make the world a more colourful place a little at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very good choice. I think I might like this {better} than the lace weight ones! Beautiful colours indeed:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scarf is gorgeous! I love the pattern and the color of the yarn you're using :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a lovely pattern, I would definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great pattern, and love this yarn!

    ReplyDelete